Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Language of Love

We all have a part of us that craves love. Something inside of use that just wants someone in this is wide world to see us for who we are. Someone who then will deeply love us.

This makes so much sense to me knowing that I am created in the image of God and He desires us to LOVE Him. It is only natural for a part of us to want love, just like our created desires to love us and we love Him.

Tonight, I am sitting on my little balcony looking out over my community. It is amazing what you can see and hear while sitting up here. I can see little kids running around. A worker heads home with shoes in hand after a long day of house work. I can hear  a family laughing together. A mom is walking up and down the lane with her little one on her hip. The sound of the city passes us by while all of us enjoy this moment in our community.

While sitting here, the family I hear laughing makes me smile. It is a family of three sweet kids, a Ugandan mum, and a Chinese dad. To say the least, this is a mixed family. The mom speaks Luganda  fluently and dad's mother tongue is Chinese. Their children are running around playing, while speaking English. In this family, the image of the Father's love for all His children and the language of love is shown.

God made each person in the family. They all have a desire to be loved. To show love to one another they all speak English. They have one language that is spoken as a family. They all can express their love for each other in this language. This family is not perfect, no family is. But, the family has chosen to have a language they all know and can express their love for one another in.
Call me cheesy but, this is a lovely reminder of how the Father has a language of love for each of this children. He knows them all so well, knows how to speak to their hearts.  We are so blessed to have a heavenly Father that knows us this intimately. There are many days I do not see how much my Father loves me. I am to busy. Seeking love from those in this world. But all along He is steady. He is true. His love never fails. How humbling that is. 

But I trust in your unfailing love;
    my heart rejoices in your salvation.  I will sing the Lord’s praise,
    for he has been good to me. Psalm 13:5-6

No comments: