Saturday, January 26, 2013

Fast Update

 Many of you know I set out to do a 30 fast. Well I made it 10 days...10 out of 30 ain't bad, right?!

Let me explain. The first three days were very hard. The no coffee was a killer. Mornings were not good nor was I pretty. By day four I was feeling better but very weak. On day five I was feeling the better. By this time some hope was shining, making me think I could make it to day30.

After having a few low days, days 6-8, I listened to some really wise people. They pointed out it was my first fast..and 30days might be a little ambitious. They suggested I think about 10 or 15 days to start off with. After that I will be able to go a little longer next time and eventually work up to 30days.  Part of me was upset at the fact I was struggling so much while the other part wanted to end the fast that day!

Over the next day, day8, I  really prayed about ending before 30days and I felt peace about it. So I pushed through the next two days and finished as strong as I could!

It is strange to think of how much I learned about myself in 10days. Really I learned a lot. Saw some things that were not pretty but now I know about them so I can work on it. The growing process is not over, it will never be over.

For those of you who prayed for me, THANK YOU. It was need and felt. If the Lord ever asks you to do a crazy thing like a fast let me know. I would love to pray for you!

10 Things I learned about myself while on the 10Day Fast:
1. My flesh is selfish!
2. Often food is used as a filler (when I am sad, stressed, tired an so on) for me.
3. I can live without coffee (I do not like it but I can).
4. I do not pray as much as I would like to think I do.
5. There is a need to dig more into the Word daily.
6. God is slow to anger and quick to love, I need to be more like that.
7. Heath goes beyond food.
8. Others are often used to help us grow, we need to be open to listening to them.
9. I often wait to hear from God in big ways while missing the small ways He speaks to me.
10. God is so good and big! I often lose sight of that!


No comments: