Saturday, January 19, 2013

Better than water for sun soaked skin!

Today the African sun was out in full force! Rainy season is over, hello hot hot heat and dry dusty days.

After spending most of the day in the sun my skin was dry and tired. Even with sunscreen on and replied a few times this Scandinavian DNA never really tans.  I have made peace with always turning a lovely shade of red. To help combat the sun dried feeling I soaked in a lovely coconut milk bath, home made of course!

It may sound a little odd, I thought so too at first but TRUST me. Your skin will love it and you will love how you feel after! The coconut milk proteins are better than water for your sun soaked skin and the lavender oil helps make that red color fade. The smell is also amazing. So tranquil and tropical! Next time your skin is crying out for some love after a day in the sun.....feed it with a rich milk bath!

How To:
1/2 cup coconut milk (I use powered because it is what I have. From the tin will work just as well.)
15-20 drops of lavender oil
2-3 heaping Tbps of backing soda

Add all ingredients to a lukewarm bath as you are drawing it. Soak in heaven for at least 30 min.

No comments: