Sunday, December 16, 2012

God's glory & Pizza


(So sorry it has been to long. Lots to catch you all up on, but one story at a time.)

Tonight I had a great reminder of why I am here. After hanging out at the pool for the afternoon a short-term missionary came over for dinner. This girl is amazing!

While we made pizzas we chatted. She opened up about the joys and pains of ministry. We talked about how difficult it can be to be an outsider; as much as missionaries can become a part of their community they will never be native. Often this is very hard on people who come to share the love of Christ.

With pizza in the oven we just stood in my kitchen, chatting. I saw her heart. The warmth, the love, and the passion from shining through this missionary were so meaningful. While I identified with her struggles I also saw the hope in her. Things will not change over night, she may never see change while here in Africa, but it is coming!

The Lord works in ways that are beyond us. I cannot wait for the day I get to ask Him so many questions, face to face! For the time He has me here on earth and in Africa I am grateful for evening like this, thankful for a chance to see Him at work, in and through others, all for His glory! It is even better when food is involved! Don’t you agree?!

To the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. -Jude 1:25

No comments: