Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012!

Well, it is a very special day. A day that changed the world! Hope you have a great time with your friends and family, celebrating the birth of our savior.

To us a child is born, to us a Son is given -Isaiah 9:6

I had the honor of opening my home up to a great friend and Short-Term missionary here in Central Region. We have enjoyed goodies and treats from the good old US of A! Thanks mum. 

While we have celabreated the joy of Christmas we also had some fun taking a classic Christmas song and making it more Ugandan! Hope you enjoy our ode Christmas as we hear all of Kampala partying.

Let It Snow!/ Lets Eat More!
Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne
Cassandra Luontela, Laura Capp

Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
Oh, the weather outside is SUNNY,
But the fire is so delightful,
But the pool is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
And since we’ve no place to go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
Lets swim, lets swim, lets swim!

It doesn't show signs of stopping,
It doesn’t show signs of raining,
And I brought some corn for popping;
And I brought some Matoke for eating;
The lights are turned way down low,
The power turned off by Eumme,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
Lets eat, lets eat, lets eat!
When we finally say good night,
When we are over stuffed,
How I'll hate going out in the storm;
How we’ll have to eat some MORE;
But if you really hold me tight,
But it you really insist,
All the way home I'll be warm.
All the Matoke will be gone.

The fire is slowly dying,
The sun is slowly setting,
And, my dear, we're still good-bye-ing,
And, my friend, my boda is waiting,
But as long as you love me so.
But as long as there is JAM,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
Lets eat more, lets eat more, lets eat more!

 



No comments: