Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Dish I Love Here in Uganda!



So I have fallen in love with a new dish! It is not a Ugandan dish but one that is easy to cook out here. You see I am learning how important EASY meals are. I have to make everything from scratch. No more just pop it in the microwave or go get some take-out. Now it is think about what you want to eat, see what it takes to make it, see if you can get the ingredients, and how on earth you are going to cook it.

This is one dish I found I can make and have for lunches in the office, yes even here in Africa I need to pack a lunch. It is easy and fast....two thing you rarely same in the same sentence here in Africa.

Curry Veg Couscous

1 to 2 servings of couscous (all depends on how much you are making)
1/2 of a cucumber
1 carrot
Curry Powder
Coriander Powder
Salt and Pepper




Cook the couscous and let cool. While it is cooling you can peel and dice you cucumber. Peel you carrot as well. You can cut it into small bite size pieces or (I prefer) to peel it right into the dish. Add curry, coriander, salt, and pepper to taste. You can make the dish and divide it into small portable containers.

Works great for a fast lunch or dinner. Also for you all in the states it would fabulous for a pot-luck you forgot about. Nothing like a fast, easy, healthy dish!Hope you all enjoy!

No comments: