Sunday, January 22, 2012

Encouragement!

Missionaries come in all shapes and sizes. They all do different jobs. Some are in the bush working on church planting, Biblical translation, and more. Some are in the cities working with children, teaching about AIDS, teaching in local schools, and so on. Others missionaries are more in the background. They work with other missionaries, supporting them, and helping more missionaries (of all shapes and sizes) come out to the field.

I am the later of the missionary shapes. I work with long-term missionaries on getting help for their ministries through short-term missionaries. STermers come with AIM to many African countries; I help with 6 of them. This is the role I came to fill. Once I got here God showed me how to do my assignment. An assignment I thought was my main purpose but later God lead me to something else.

Yes, I am still coordinating the STer for the region but He has shown me how important it is to encourage and support the missionaries around me. Not just by getting STers to come help. God has given me a passion for encouraging missionaries around me with little things. We all love to get mail, have coffee and chat, go to movie nights, and so much more. Fellowship is so important.

Fellowship out here is not like back at home nor do we all have time for it like we did, back home. So that is where the passion for other missionaries comes in. My home is open to everyone. Movie nights, sleep overs (for the MKs), dinners, craft days, girl nights, game nights, coffee meetings, prayer days, so on.

Please join me in prayer for all the missionaries in Uganda and all over the world. Daily they try meet the needs of people in their communities, show the love of Christ, teach the Word, and give up the “comforts” of home in obedience to the King.

Please pray for me. I am asking the Lord how to bless and encourage these dear friends for mine. The ministries they are in are hard. They take toll on them and I see it. Many see illness, death, corruption, poverty, and hell on earth daily. God has brought me here to love on our Ugandan friends as well as my missionary friends. Please ask God to give me wisdom on lifting up these missionary brothers and sisters.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hoyt said...

You're in my prayers, love! Thanks for writing; I love hearing from you. You are doing an amazing job out there for His Kingdom come! I love you!
-Marsha