Sunday, June 27, 2010

Farmer's Market!


Sunday Farmer's Market......

I wanted to find a way to get fresh food and not spend a ton; so today I went to the local farmer's market. Before I left I looked at how much cash I had in my wallet.....$17. So as I headed out I made a list of things I wanted to get without spending more then $17 and that would make enough meals for a week of homemade FRESH breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.

Idea List:
Peaches
White Nectarines
Strawberries
Eggplant (2 medium size)
Tomato (3-4)
Green Beans

If I Can List:
Brown Eggs
Basile
Flowers

Armed with my "FEED" bag and my list I walked the whole market to check out prices and see what was there. Once I made a few price checking and then I started to tackle my list. I was not only able to get my full list I got everything on "if I can list" all for $12! The time at the market was good to get some yummy healthy food but time to just be and relax.

So if you the plan to get health food and keep to your budget then find the closest farmer's market! You will be getting local food, in season food, and most if not all foods are organic! Even if you are single girl you can be green, thrifty, and savvy!

No comments: