Saturday, March 19, 2011

Becoming Reality


I am currently siting in my room. The sweet sounds of the Baby Shower happening in the living room is all around. When I hear the laughs I find myself smiling. I also feel sadness. The fact that after a few more months I will be missing all Life Moments is starting to hit me. Yes I can call, text, email, and even SKYPE while in Africa. But it is just not same. This is become a reality for me.

There is no doubt that God is calling me to go. I am even excited to go. But deep inside of me there is a part that is starting to feel the lose of being so far away. These are just my thoughts and feelings. Thanks to all the missionaries I have spoken with about heading out these feelings do not surprise me. They told me they would come. They also said when the feelings come I should feel them. Not brush them aside. Not dwell them but allow myself to feel them. So that is what I am doing. Prayers are welcomed right now.

No comments: